Saturday, September 29, 2012

How can I be a living sacrifice?


Today I am working with the last section of our Bible Lesson on Unreality. What struck was this phrase 'living sacrifice'. How can one be a living sacrifice? When I think of a sacrifice I think of something that has been given up to God. So I looked up the word 'sacrifice' in the dictionary. This Lesson sheds the light of Truth so we can see what is real and what is unreal. That light shone nicely on this definition.

Sacrifice. The act of offering something to a diety in propitiation or homage.  Relinquishment of something. To forfeit one thing for another thing considered to be of greater value.

I think I can be a living sacrifice as I come to understand more about the allness of God, the everpresence of good, and so, can see what God sees, the real creation. I can sacrifice my false beliefs and errors in favor of holding only to the true. Our Lesson includes a passage from Romans I mentioned earlier. "I beseech you therefor brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." (Rom 12:1)

There's the 'living sacrifice' in reference to our bodies. There are things I am working on about my body when I do my daily pray for myself. Those are the things, the false beliefs, I need to let go of. I need to see me as God sees me, as I am as His idea, already perfect and expressing all the qualities of Soul, everything that is true about Truth. To see that is already true and has never been changed anywhere but in my own thought. As I raise the level of my thinking, bring it in line with divine Mind, I will see it expressed on my body. It is my divine right and given to me by the grace of God.

So today I will be alert for opportunities to be a good 'living sacrifice' to my beloved Father, who looks at me and says He is well pleased.

No comments: