Friday, April 17, 2015

How is your life-practice coming along?

Practice life. What a wonderful way to go through your day.

Our Bible Lesson this week includes this sentence from Science and Health.

"The scientific unity which exists between God and man must be wrought out in life-practice, and God's will must be universally done." (S&H 202)

That sentence just lit up for me this morning and I am going to go through today being aware of how I am practicing Life. Life is a synonym for God. God is my Life and I live as Life expressing itself in countless wonderful ways. Vitality. Freedom of movement. Joy.

How could one not be joy-filled when they are aware and grateful for their unity with God, good! That is a unity which cannot be severed. Our privilege is to express this in our life-practice. I look out  my window this morning and the trees that were absolutely bare and devoid of life a few days ago are now leafed out in a lovely shade of green. Life being practiced. By trees. How much more can I practice my highest sense of Life in all I do today?

The sentence also declares that God's will must be universally done. And His will is to pour out blessings and grace upon all of His creation, each one of His ideas. That includes me. That includes you. That makes it possible, even necessary, that I have a strong life-practice.

So as I move through the day I will be practicing Life and seeing evidence of Life being practiced all around me.

I hope you are planning on doing the same. 

No comments: