Tuesday, December 11, 2018

clad in the panoply of Love

I have not added to my blog in some time but today someone shared such a lovely insight that I decided I would pass it along.

Mrs. Eddy writes in Science and Health, "Clad in the panoply of Love human hatred cannot touch you." I have always read that as the assurance that because I was clad, surrounded and supported by divine Love head to toe, that human hatred cannot touch me. But there is another way to read that sentence. Because human hatred is clad in the panoply of Love it cannot touch you. What a wonderful thought! When someone has expressed hateful words or thoughts to us or about us, we can respond to that suggestion with seeing those words or thoughts wrapped up within the all-embracing arms of divine Love. completely enclosed that way, they cannot touch you.Perhaps this is what our Master Christ Jesus meant in his Sermon on the Mount when he told them to return blessing for cursing.

No comments: