Thursday, October 23, 2008

breaking

It was when Gideon and his 300 soldiers broke their pitchers that the hidden light shone forth and led to victory. It was when the widow was willilng to break the seal on her last pot of oil that she was able to fill all the empty pots, multipying instead of dividing her supply. It was when Jesus took break, blessed it, and brake it that a multitude was fed, with 12 baskets left over.

When I find myself hesitant to 'break' that last $20.00 bill, when I am reluctant to break a silence, when I need to break off my time at the computer....these are the times when the action brings the most blessing. I find that the money stretches far and then more comes in. Truth is voiced and healing and blessing follow. When something has engrossed our attentin to the point of keeping one away from prayer and study, that must be broken. Once awakened and aware, the mind fills with right ideas.

Don't be fearful or reluctant to 'break' that which is holding you back.

No comments: