Friday, May 24, 2013

Watching for the questions

One of our recent Bible Lessons was filled with questions....and provided answers. That alerted me to something new I could be doing with our weekly lessons, look for questions and their answers in the text. This week we get the first question in the Responsive Reading, "Is there a God beside Me?"  It is easy to just say, "No, of course not" but how many times a day are we challenged with a suggestion that there is some other power present or at work in our lives? (another question) Today I am paying attention to the questions in the Lesson and may even write them out to use in my prayerful work.

Is there a God beside Me?
What are body and soul?
O Lord my God, hast Thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, to slay her son?
Does God send sickness, giving the mother her child for a brief span of years and then taking it away by death?
Can there be any birth or death for man, the spiritual image and likeness of God?
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me?
Who touched my clothes?
And now, Lord, what wait I for?

I am sure these questions and their answers, found in the Bible and Science and Health will prompt a deeper study of Christian Science today and a clearer application of Truth. I can be expecting healing all day long. Please let me know if this was a helpful idea for you. Was it helpful?

That's another question. :)

No comments: