Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My friend Zacchaeus

Over the years I have published four posts about Zacchaeus. Here they are if you'd like to see them.

1. Today I must be a guest in your house - 10/1/13
2. Hastening to meet the Christ - 9/28/12
3. Truth - Jesus, the leper, and Zacchaeus.
4. Shepherd thoughts, part five - 9/15/07

Zacchaeus has much to tell us and I look forward to gaining a new insight this week in our
Bible Lesson on Mind.

Funny story. I was on campus today to serve in the practitioner's office. Called over to the Science building and spoke with the geology professor who had no idea how much sand is in a cup. So I looked on the internet and found an article by a scientist who had actually calculated how much sand there is around the world at a given time. It some outrageous number, like 57, with 17 zeros after it. One handful of sand contains more than 100,000 grains, I am not teaching Sunday school this week but it would be fun to share that with kids and relate it to the reference in section one....How precious are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I could measure them, they are more in number than the sand. (Psalms 139:17)

More in number than the sand! That is great and precious indeed.

No comments: