Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A potent trio

Early in my study of Christian Science I wondered about the order of the Bible Lesson sermon topics. Mrs. Eddy was very clear that these topics had come to her through divine revelation and she was not open to changing them. So we get these same 26 topics in this same order twice a year. I spent some time seeing how they flow naturally one into the next and how they are designed to answer our questions as we study them and apply what we are learning.

Right now we are in the middle of a powerful trio.

Reality
Unreality
Are sin, disease and death real?

How beautifully they support one another.

Another thing I am appreciating in this Lesson are all the promises God made. There are many in the Responsive Reading and others scattered throughout the rest of the citations. I was watching for the ones where God is speaking that say "I will" or "I have".

I will restore the fortunes of my people
I will break the yoke from off his neck
I will burst his bonds
I am going to save you from far away
I have redeemed thee
I have called thee by thy name
I have put my spirit upon him
I will hold thine hand and will keep thee

Wonderful assurances to expand on the Golden Text...he bringeth out those which are bound with chains.

God keeps His promises for each and every one of us. We cannot be bound or enslaved by any chain of events, by anything that would attempt to separate us from God, good.  The Lesson ends with this from Science and Health: "The admission to one's self that man is God's own likeness sets man free to master that infinite idea."

No comments: