Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What will you see today?

Wow. I looked at the Golden Text this morning and realized I had been working with 'the works of God' part. In each section I looked for 'the works' that were described. Today it was the word 'see' that just lit up the page. It gave me a whole new focus for the rest of the week. So now I can be alert to 'see' the works of God.

Come and see the works of God.  Psalms 66:5

Elijah saw God's power in response to his request to show the people the true God.
Elisha saw the chariots of fire that took Elijah to heaven.
Elisha saw there is no death with the Shunamites son.
John's disciples saw that Jesus was the true Messiah by the healing work he was doing.
Mrs. Eddy saw the truth about God and man in her discovery of Christian Science.
John saw the new heaven and the new earth he describes in Revelation.

Come and see the works of God.

Do I think those things only happened 'way back when'?  No! I know they are happened every day right now. But this is a call to 'see' those works of God today, to be aware of the good and the beauty of His creation. To be looking for them and feeling gratitude in God's presence.

This is one of God's promises...the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.  Isaiah 40:5  Everyone shall 'see' the glory of the Lord. It's right in front of us and we can 'see' it, understand it.  As in, 'oh, I see', I get it.

Come and see the works of God. This is going to be a great day!

No comments: