Thursday, November 1, 2007

Talking with God

Yesterday, I spent much of the day in communication with God. It was a concerted effort to keep my thought uplifted and at one with the presence of divine good. I thanked Love often for the many evidences I saw around me of Love's provision. I was grateful for the evidence of divine Mind where I saw intelligence, wisdom, a knowing of good. There were moments of pure delight in the little things and deep appreciation for the big things as well.

It reminded me of two articles I read long ago. One was about a woman's ability to pray without ceasing. That comes from one of Paul's letters where that is the instruction he gives to one of the fledgling churches. This woman turned every simple act of her day into a prayer. When she awoke, she thanked God for life; when she brushed her teeth, she prayed for a clean mouth without angry or judgemental words utterly all day and sweetness going forth. When she put on her makeup, she affirmed that the 'lines were fallen unto her in pleasant places'. As she got dressed, she knew she was putting on the 'whole armor of God' from another of Paul's messages. She went through the whole day aware of Love's presence in all she did.

The other article described how to be in Our Father's presence all day, even if we cannot stop and be quiet in prayer. The writer said, "It is not necessary to be always speaking to God or always hearing from God, to have communion with Him; there is an inarticulate fellowship more sweet than words. The little child can sit all day long beside its busy mother and, although few words are spoken on either side, and both are busy, the one at his absorbing play, the other at her engrossing work, yet both are in perfect fellowship. He knows that she is there, and she knows that he is all right".

What is important is to be conscious that every thing I do is touched by divine Love and that I have Love's blessing and approval. God loves me just as I am. And He should. He made everything wonderful. God made me. So that makes me (and you) wonderful too.

Go in peace.

No comments: