Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Have you opened your gift today?

I love to give gifts. I love to receive gifts. It is such fun to not only find the right present for someone, but also to wrap it in pretty or funny paper and add a big bow. I love to savor opening a gift. The 'grands' are content to leave it in the bag the store provided and that's fine too.

Are you aware, and anticipating, your gift from God today? What a wonderful way to start your morning, knowing that God has thoughtfully provided you with a gift, and usually more than one! How do I know that?

It's in the Bible.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind".
(II Timothy 1:7)  There's three gifts right there.

Are you thirsty, thirsting for more spiritual understanding?

"...every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labor, it is a gift of God".
(Ecclesiastes 3:13)

"Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water."
(John 4:10)

Do you need saving?
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God".
Ephesians 2:8)

How about supply?
"A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: withersoever it turneth, it prospereth".
(Proverbs 17:8)

From this week's Bible Lesson.
"The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace".
(Psalms 29:11)

And in our hymnal:
"Thou hast the gift of God - dominion over all" (Hymn 382)

There are many more. Look for them in the Bible and be sure and open your gifts today.

The thank you card

When one receives a gift it is customary to send a thank you note. How can we thank our dear Father Mother God for all these amazing gifts? All He asks is for us to be aware that those gifts are ready and waiting to be opened and enjoyed. But I always make sure to pause a moment and tell Him.

Wow! I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened Your gift!
Your gift put a big smile on my face.
I appreciate You  more than words can say, my special friend.
Your gift exceeding my expectations!

"Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift". (II Corinthians 9:15)

No comments: