Friday, April 25, 2008

Finding direction for our path

I woke this morning thinking about someone dear to me. This verse was running through my mind; Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path". My children attended a private school where each day started with a chapel meeting. One of the teachers particularly loved this verse and recited it often.

Later, when I picked up the Christian Science Journal for April, I opened to an article that contained that same verse and another one I love from the writings of Mary Baker Eddy. "He (God) has mercy upon us, and guides every event of our careers." Since God is guiding this dear one's life and career, I can relax and let that plan unfold. God, divine Love, does not take us only halfway. His plan is perfect and complete. Usually it is a plan I couldn't possibly have figured out on my own.

I have been blessed with three wonderful amazing children and they continue to bring so much joy and good into my life. They support and enrich my understanding of motherhood. How awesom it is to understand that God's motherhood is like that. His/Her love for each of His/Her children is ocean's deeper than my human concept. We are cherished. We can absolutely trust in that and never feel that everything depends on our own understanding.

No comments: