Wednesday, March 25, 2009

That which concerns me

Another favorite Bible passage is in this week's Bible lesson: The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me...) from Psalms 138. I like to pray with this one using it two ways.

First, it is so comforting to know that my Father will perfect the things that are causing me concern. The things that concern me. He will open up what seems to be a blocked way, He will make clear some direction that is confusing me, He will smooth out any relationship challenges, He will provide me with abundance when I am concerned about adequate supply. No matter what it is that is causing me to feel concern, I can trust His care and control.

Secondly, it is so supportive to know that God is also going to straighten out anything that concerns me, things about me in my own thought or in the thought of others. Another name for God is divine Mind, the only Mind, the all-knowing and wise Mind. If we understand this, we see that we are all reflections of the intelligence, that wisdom, that knowing. We are not holding our own opinons, just reflecting His as His image and likeness. There are zillions of individual minds, just an infinite number of ways that Mind is knowing things. So God is fully aware of everything about me.

Our bodies express what governs and occuplies our thought. Are you feeling a sense of heaviness or foreboding and is that expressed in weight issues? Are you feeling unsure about a decision that needs to be made and that is being expressed in stomach problems or dizziness? Whatever you are entertaining in thought is what comes out on the body. I love to envision Jesus walking on the water right in the midst of a storm. What lightness. What confidence. What mastery of the elements. What control. We would all like to move through life like that. The message in that Psalm helps. In another part of the lesson we read this from Science and Health: "...Mind can impart purity instead of impurity, strength instead of weakness, and health instead of disease. Truth is an alterative in the entire system, and can make it every whit whole."

I'll be praying with these passages today.

No comments: