Thursday, April 18, 2013

Am I?

Two very arresting questions appear in the 4th section of this week's Bible Lesson. I am looking at them this morning and asking myself.....Am I living the life that approaches the supreme good?....and Am I demonstrating the healing power of Truth and Love? I should be asking myself those question every day.

Am I living the life that approaches the supreme good? As I go about my daily routine am I living a life that affirms that divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need? That is a part of my daily work for myself, praying to know that I am God's beloved child, made in His image and likeness, and expressing good in my every thought and action. And if I catch myself not doing that, I immediately correct the wrong thought or action to be in accord with goodness. I love being good and doing good. That part is easy. What I have to watch is the 'thinking good'. Something happens and I have a negative reaction or I hear something on the news and agree with it a false presentation of God's perfect creation. This is why it is so important to take 'prayer breaks' during the course of the day to be sure I am keeping my thoughts 'good'. Good because God is good and good is always present and operating.

Am I demonstrating the healing power of Truth and Love? How actively am I demonstrating healing? Mrs. Eddy reminds us that the healing power is always available ' to all mankind and in every hour'. Divine Love is supplying all good and healing is constantly going on. Do I affirm that regularly during my prayer breaks?

How can we keep to this high standard? Mrs. Eddy gives us the answer...."Hold perpetually this thought, - that it is the spiritual idea, the Holy Ghost and Christ, which enables you to demonstrate, with scientific certainty, the rule of healing, based upon its divine Principle, Love, underlying, overlying, and encompassing all true being".

So in my prayer breaks today I will see how I'm doing, how closely I am complying with that high standard.  At the end of the day, in my prayers just before going to sleep, I'd like to be able to see how well I did, with God's help, and be looking forward to doing even better tomorrow.

No comments: