Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Working with the synonyms

Two ideas are really helping me today. They are from this week's Bible lesson about God as Mind. The first is part of a verse from Isaiah 45 "I am the Lord and there is none else". I prayed with that substituing the synonyms Mrs. Eddy gives in her defintion of God (S&H 587) and used I AM as God gave His name to Moses.
I AM Principle and there is none else....no other laws but Mind.
I AM Mind and there is none else....no other consciousness or awareness.
I AM Soul and there is none else...no other senses, nothing but joy and peace.
I AM Spirit and there is none else...no other reality or identity, no other substance.
I AM Life and there is none else...nothing but vitality and strength and unlimited ability.
I AM Truth and there is none else...nothing ut honesty and integrity.
I AM Love and there is none else...nothing but pure affection, kindness, caring.

The second idea is similar. It comes from Mrs. Eddy and says in part "...evil can have no place, where all space is filled with God". I substituted whatever it is that needs healing for the word 'evil'. So lack can have no place in our human experience, because that space is already filled by God. I had several nice things happen yesterday that showed me this lovely truth about supply. Disease can have no place. Right where that 'space' seems to be crying out as a cavity or a shadow on a lung, right there and right then that space is already filled by God. Fear can have no place. In a moment of doubt or uncertainty, we can instead experience confidence and trust because at all times and under all circumstances God fills that space for us. Loss can have no place, no matter what form it tries to take. You cannot have problems remembering. God, Mind, is never absent so there is no absent-mindedness. There are no gaps in good.

Love knows you, is conscious of you, in all your perfection and wonderfulness. Trust God a little more each day to meet your daily needs. There is nothing else.

Be at peace.

No comments: