Wednesday, May 21, 2008

About working

Today I have been working with something Jesus said, "My Father worketh hitherto, and I work." i am seeing so many ways to use this. First it shows that God is constantly at work, expressing Himself with His creation. There is never a time when God is inactive, out of work, or bored. That means each of us is also always working, by reflection.

My eyes are always working properly, my hearing is working clearer, my body is at work functioning normally. Everything works just as it should. There is no separation between God, divine Mind, and His ideas. No separate life or activity going on. Mrs. Eddy writes that the divine Mind includes all action and volition and that man is governed by this Mind. Principle is the law which directs and controls all right activity. All work. Since volition means a conscious choice or decision, that capacity is also always working. We can always make the right choice or see our path clearly.

We have been guided by divine Mind in our preparationf for the useful life's work. Divine Mind will continue to lead us in an active service from the preparation we have gained. Every once in a while, when tempted to be discouraged by my present level of understanding, it is good for me to stand back and see just how far I have come in that last five years, ten years, forty years.

We are already employed in reflecting good. None of God's children are useless, hopeless, or helpless. We are employed in seeing the good He is unfolding for us each day. We must be grateful for what we already have if we are to be fitted to receive more. To be good stewards of great supply, responsibilities in our career or profession, a strong relationship with someone dear to us, someone other's look up to as a role model or leader.

When you are tempted to believe that life is at a stand still, or even going backward, remember those words, "My Father worketh hitherto, and I work." Claim them to be true for yourself. Know that you have been anointed and appointed by God and no one else can do what He has chosen for you to do. He is working and so are you.

No comments: