Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year...and new beginnings

I could hardly wait to get started this morning. My tradition is to watch the Rose Parade, still in pjs with a chocolate chip muffin and a pot of tea. Then, after lunch, to put away all the Christmas decorations and bring out my snowman things. I've looked forward to that. But with even more excitement, I look forward to starting a new year of spiritual growth with the study God has given me...study of 'daily'.

As I listened for what He wants me to know about this subject, many ideas flowed into thought. The daily duties. The definition of day in the glossary of Science and Health. Jacob telling the angel to let him go 'for the day breaketh'. Mrs. Eddy's explanation of the 'third day' in the Chapter about Genesis. I remembered some hymns on this topic. Day by day the manna fell. This is the day the Lord has made. My prayer some daily good to do. I will get to work with all of these ideas this year.

From our weekly Bible lesson: Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord He is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. And: To those leaning on the sustaining infinite, today is big with blessings.

From the Sentinel of December 31: An article entitled Every Day a New Day, two Biblical quotes: It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are renewed every morning. (Lam 3:22, 23). Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord which He will show you today. (Ex 14:13).

During 2007 I ended each blog with Go in peace. For 2008 I will change that to Be at peace today. There is much to be gained by deliberately starting each day honoring it as God's day. We can see that in God's day no circumstance is beyond His control. Because it is divine Love's day, Love brought it into being and it will be filled with goodness. Because is is divine Mind's day, it must fulfill Mind's purpose. Because each day is filled with the substance of Spirit, it must include everything we will need.

Be at peace today.

No comments: